Today it’s Dussehra festival in India. Dussehra is a Hindu festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. So I thought to write on “EGO” one of the biggest evil in humans.
“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind and beautiful.” — Yogi Bhajan
“Drop your ego! You have nothing to lose here, but a whole life to win.”
Here are 5 techniques to learn to let go of our egos and enjoy life.
1. Practice forgiveness & letting go: We have to learn to forgive the people who hurt us and most importantly we have to learn to forgive ourselves. Forgiveness will open the windows to your soul, and remove the negativity to allow room for new happiness.
2. Practice honesty and being open: Always seek the truth. Honesty provides us unconditional freedom to be connected with ourselves instead of trying to be something that we’re not. Learn to say no to the things that don’t add value in you’re life, and open your arms and run towards the things that do.
3. Surrender your need for control: Break the fears and trust life! Don’t be scare to love. Take risks. Be curious. Explore. Do what makes you happy. Try to do every day something that scares you and you’ll start to feel happiness in the small things.
4. Enjoy silent moments with yourself: Take 5 minutes every day to be with yourself in silence, because sometimes in silence you can find the answers that the voices never can.
5. Practice gratitude: Take 5 minutes everyday to think about all the people, experiences, lessons and mistakes you are thankful for. Appreciate everything and everyone and you’ll discover true beauty in your life.
Ego says ‘once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace. Spirit says,’ Find your peace, and then everything fall in place”. – Marianne Williamson
Thank you for reading ❤️
Feature Image Courtesy: Google
© Anjali Sharma, Positive Side Of The Coin